All of the images on this blog are photos shot by Jena Cumbo. It is a blog site for photo happenings, b sides and other stuff from NYC based photographer, Jena Cumbo.
main web site is: jenacumbo.com
I was asked to shoot another ‘Street Pulse’ for Soma Magazine’s Music issue. This time, instead of combing the streets for your run of the mill fashionista’s, I sought ought individuals with their own flair and a passion for the music world.
Check out who Soma ran here, http://somamagazine.com/new-york-city/
…and here are some of my other faves shot in my traveling about, collecting words and faces for my submission.
This months music themed questions were:
1. What’s your connection to the music world/industry?
2. What album or artist are you playing on repeat these days?
3. What was the first concert you ever went to, and where was it?
4. What was the last show you saw that you really liked? Who & where was it?
5. What is your fave venue in NYC to see or play a show?
1. Editorial Music Portrait Photographer for Spin and Q
2. Everybody Hates You, the Pagans
3. Kiss at Madison Square Garden
4. X-Ray Eyeballs at Death by Audio
1. Music Portrait Photographer for Rolling Stone and Nylon
2. Adele, 21
3. Smashing Pumpkins at the Providence civic center in ‘96
4. John Vanderslice and Damien Juravo at Mercury Lounge
5. Toss up between Bowery Ballroom and Mercury Lounge
1. Music photographer for Spin and Village Voice, show booker and party thrower with Abracadabra
2. Parts and Labor, Constant Future
3. MCHammer with Vanilla Ice and Envogue, Lubbock,Texas
4. Ssione, at Ps1
5. The Silent Barn
1. Draws Illustrations for shows-colaborating with writer Jamie Peck for a music review column in the Village Voice. Also illustrates show reviews for Paper Magazine and crushable
2. Jeff the Brotherhood, Jacuzzi Boys, and Joy Division
3. Smashing Pumpkins at the Providence Performing Art Center
4. White mystery at Death by Audio
5. Death by Audio
1. sings and plays piano, guitar, acordian and can beat box
2. Becca Stevens, Sea of Bees
3. The Unseen
4. Becca Stevens played at the Rockwood
5. which also happens to be his fave NYC venue-Rockwood
1. Huge music fan who won’t leave home without head phones and makes a play list for every major event.
2. The Antlers and Plastic Bertrand
3. The Monkeys at the Meadowlands, NJ
4. Nico Case at the Bell House
5. Sunny’s in Red Hook Brooklyn
1. Brand Director at Okay Player
2. Deerhoof, 1st Evil and Gold Panda Beats
3. Rush at the Hartford Civic Center
4. She Keeps Bees at Glasslands
5. United Palace Theater
1. Organizer and promoter of underground diy and indie rock shows and parties in New York City
2. Go Insane by Lyndsey Buckingham
3. The Cure, at Starplex Amphitheater in Dallas TX
4. PC Warship and Guardian Alien at Monster Island Basement
5. Silent Barn